Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, an 8-week program with Jean Leonard, Ph.D., RYT
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an empirically supported intervention that uses meditation and yoga to cultivate awareness and to reduce stress. In this program, participants practice present moment awareness, deep relaxation and gentle movement as a way of waking up more fully to their life. Becoming more aware of what is happening in the body and mind in any given moment increases the possibility for acceptance and more skillful response to life’s stressors and challenges. MBSR can help people who are coping with medical problems, job- or family-related stress, and anxiety or depression. Most participants report an increased ability to relax, greater enthusiasm for life, and increased ability to cope more effectively with physical and psychological symptoms and stressful situations. Come let MBSR help transform your relationship with life!
Potential Benefits of MBSR:
- Respond more skillfully to stress
- Discover the power of presence in daily life
- Manage chronic pain and health challenges more effectively
- Feel more energy and zest for life
- Improve sleep
- Increase capacity to cope with physical and psychological symptoms
- Become more present in relationships
- Cultivate more kindness
- Open to ease and joy
FREE Introductory Session (RSVP requested)
Monday March 3, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
At Path of the Heart Sanctuary Directions
Come see if MBSR is right for you.
8-week Program Details
March 24 – May 19, 2014 (No class April 28)
Mondays | 6:30 pm – 9:00 p.m.
Day of Mindfulness: Saturday May 17, 9:00-4:00
Path of the Heart Sanctuary
3980 Broadway St, Suite 103
Boulder, CO 80304
- Early Bird discount: $400 (if paid in full by March 3)
- Includes 28 hours of teaching time (eight weekly 2.5-hour classes plus 1 all-day session), a program manual and recorded meditations and yoga instructions to support home practice.
To register or for more information, contact:
Instructor’s Bio: Jean Leonard, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist and a registered yoga teacher in private practice in Boulder, Colorado. Dr. Leonard studied with the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program at the Duke University Center for Integrative Medicine for 4 years and completed the Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training Program and the Dedicated Practitioners Program through Spirit Rock Meditation Center. She has practiced yoga for over 20 years, has practiced vipassana meditation since 2003, and has taught MBSR and yoga for over 6 years.